I absolutely love the patterns and the philosophy of Straight Stitch Society. This is their "Feed the Animals" coin purse.
Their manifesto goes as follows:
1. Life is hard, sewing is easy.
2. When the going gets tough, the tough get sewing.
3. Sewing is cheaper than therapy and easier on your waistline than chocolate.
4. Don't make it if it's not super cute.
5. Don't let anyone trash talk your sewing skills. Especially your mother.
6. Sometimes a glass of wine really does improve your sewing. Or at least your attitude. Same difference.
7. A strategically used curse word can make you feel better when you need to get the seam ripper. But only the first time. After that you're a potty mouth.
8. No matter what happens, remember that it's only fabric.
9. If someone asks "Did you make that?" say "Yes" proudly and leave it at that, no matter how much you fudged along the way.
10. Sewing straight stitch society projects makes you thinner, younger, and richer. You'll see.
TOO CUTE. Straight Stitch Society puts out fun, easy patterns and projects that are useful and can be completed in a short amount of time. These are my favorite kind of sewing projects. They are funky, fresh, and you'd be happy to show off any of them. I made the delicious "Keep Your Cool" smartphone case last year. Featured is one of my many broken iPhones. I'd be much more cool if I wasn't constantly smashing the screens on my iPhones. Anyway...
I love projects that can be made with quilting weight cottons. It's soft, it's easy to work with, and it always has the most fun prints. All of Straight Stitch Society's patterns will be available here at the shop for the first week of September!